We’re offering a paid internship position beginning in July 2017 – an ideal entry-level position for candidates looking to start their career in the entertainment publicity industry.
Multitude Media operates across four sectors of the entertainment industry - Film, Television, Live and Personal Publicity. We offer acclaimed publicity services for a wide range of clients, from international distributors and award-winning production companies to promoters handling arena-scale tours to established and emerging acting, directing and comedy talent. We have grown quickly since we began in 2010 and are now one of the UK’s most respected publicity companies.
The internship position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work across all areas of our work, under the guidance of our Senior Publicity team. We are dedicated to offering candidates entry-level opportunities within the industry, irrespective of their personal background or circumstance. Since launching our paid internship scheme in 2013, 90% of successful candidates have secured full time positions within the company upon conclusion of their internship.
Previous publicity experience is not required but a passion for the entertainment industry and the four areas of our work is a must.
Tasks may include:
- Preparing press kits (electronic and hard copy versions) and managing our shared online documents including contacts database
- Checking media monitoring on a daily basis and circulating internal and external updates
- Creating and proofing talent schedules for interviews, junkets and screenings for sign off by Senior Publicist
- Manage project coverage books through media monitoring to collect all applicable clippings sending press updates to clients as and when press hits
- Own and upkeep the Multitude Media Twitter feed pertaining to TV and film clients as and when press hits and/or scheduling posts in advance where applicable
- Assist the Senior Publicist team with collating client weekly updates on Friday
- Proofing and contributing to social media calendars for clients when necessary for sign off by Senior Publicist
- Assisting with large and small scale screenings, press previews and events
- Prepare and finalise coverage books for sign off by Senior Publicist
- Admin and office upkeep
We’re looking for a candidate who demonstrates the following:
- A passion for the entertainment industry and the four areas we work across
- Strong organisational skills and an eagerness to learn
- Initiative to seek opportunities to help the company’s senior team
- A sound grasp of the media landscape in the UK, and a good understanding of the role of publicity within our four main sections of film, live, personal publicity and television
Position: Internship (paid)
Location: Bloomsbury, Central London
Start date: July 2017 – date to be discussed with successful candidate
Hours: Full time (frequent evening, weekend work – time in lieu scheme offered)
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you think you’re right for the role (500 words max.) to Will Wood on email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 3rd July.