Job vacancy - Assistant Publicist: Live
Our Live publicity team is hiring!
We’re looking for a full-time Assistant Publicist to join our Live publicity team from March 2018 - an ideal position for candidates looking to further their career in the entertainment publicity industry.
Multitude Media operates across four sectors of the entertainment industry - Film, Television, Live and Personal Publicity. We offer acclaimed publicity services for a wide range of clients, from international distributors and award-winning production companies to promoters handling arena-scale tours to established and emerging acting, directing and comedy talent. We have grown quickly since we began in 2011 and are now one of the UK’s most respected publicity companies.
The successful candidate would specialise within the Live publicity division, with a focus, during the first few months, on administrative support for the team in the lead-up to and during the Edinburgh Fringe. This will involve relocating to Edinburgh with the team in August (travel and accommodation provided), and will require evening and weekend work (Multitude Media offers a time-in-lieu scheme).
Previous PR experience is welcomed but not required, though a knowledge of live arts and the Edinburgh Fringe is essential, as is a passion for the arts and entertainment industry.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and complete in a timely manner
- Interpersonal skills both in person and on email
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as required
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, Powerpoint as well as Social Media - Twitter and Instagram in particular
- A proven passion for the arts - in particular in comedy and theatre
- A proven interest in the media, and media coverage of the arts and entertainment
- Previous work experience in the PR industry, specifically within the entertainment industry or at the Edinburgh Fringe
Role & Responsibilities:
- Checking media monitoring service, social media and Google Alerts for coverage and providing internal coverage updates
- Keeping up to date with latest features/interview opportunities by regularly organising departmental media reviews
- Preparing electronic press kits and ensuring live coverage books are up to date at all times
- Preparing pitch lists and ensuring all spreadsheets are up to date with appropriate level of information
- Supporting team in securing regional publicity
- Managing Live publicity team's Google Calendar
- Creating and proofing schedules for press activity
- Organising logistics such as travel for client publicity commitments
- Create and post engaging social media content on company accounts
- General office administration
Position: Assistant Publicist - Live: Comedy & Theatre
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent (subject to probationary period)
Ideal Start Date: March 2018 - date to be discussed with successful candidate
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Dependent on candidate - minimum London Living Wage
Location: Bloomsbury, Central London & Edinburgh in August for the Edinburgh Fringe (accommodation and travel provided)
Annual Leave: 23 days plus further holiday incentives
Probationary Period: Three months
Pension: Multitude Media statutory pension scheme
Multitude Media operates a generous time-in-lieu scheme for all employees due to necessary weekend/evening work.
To apply, please send your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter of no more than 500 words to Steph Pennells (Senior Publicist) on firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is 12pm, Friday 9th March 2018.