Fleabag series two cast announced as filming commences
Filming for series two of Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Fleabag, the multi award-winning hit series produced by Two Brothers Pictures, has begun.
Returning to the principal cast are Olivia Colman (Godmother), Sian Clifford (Claire), Bill Paterson (Dad), Brett Gelman (Martin), Jenny Rainsford (Boo) and Hugh Skinner (Harry). Andrew Scott joins the cast for series two.
Fleabag creator and star Phoebe Waller-Bridge said: "I can’t believe they let me do this AGAIN. I’m so happy to be back with the incredible Fleabag team and I’m as surprised as anyone about where this series has taken us… thank God for Andrew Scott."
Two Brothers Pictures said: “We are beyond thrilled to be back in Fleabag’s company. Phoebe has created a show that’s so well loved, we can't wait for fans to see what she has in store this time around.”
Shane Allen, Controller Comedy Commissioning at the BBC, said: “The series 2 scripts are knockout - sparkling with Phoebe’s unique voice that combines a whip smart complexity of character with pin sharp funny lines scattered everywhere. The themes of this series are very distinct from the first series which delivers on the challenge Phoebe set herself. It’s a superb team and cast from top to bottom and with Fleabag you can never escape a reference to the bottom.”
Albert Cheng, Co-Head of Television, Amazon Studios, said: “Since Season One of Fleabag debuted on Prime Video, the audience has rallied around this biting, boundary-pushing comedy series featuring a sharp female protagonist that is quite unlike anything currently airing. We are excited that Season Two production has begun and proud to be in business with the immensely talented Phoebe Waller-Bridge and we look forward to bringing this critically acclaimed socially relevant series back to our Prime customers.”
Louise Pedersen, CEO all3media international, said: “We are delighted to welcome back the multi award-winning Fleabag for a much-anticipated second series. Phoebe’s wonderful talent and unmistakable style shines through this series; her fans around the world can’t wait to join her on the next step of her (always eventful) journey.”
Fleabag launched as BBC Three’s most popular and acclaimed show of the year and has since gone on to sweep the boards at awards ceremonies in 2016 and 2017 winning a BAFTA, two Royal Television Society awards, two Broadcast Awards and a British Press Guild Award, among a string of other accolades. Fleabag Season 1 was a Critics’ Choice TV Awards nominee for Best Comedy Series and Best Actress in a Comedy Series.
Since series one aired, Phoebe Waller-Bridge has played the role of L3-37 in Solo: A Star Wars Story, and has written and executive produced two-time Emmy Award nominated series Killing Eve, which launched to widespread acclaim in the US earlier this year and will be available in the UK on BBC One and BBC Three soon.
Fleabag is written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge and directed by Harry Bradbeer. The producer is Sarah Hammond, and executive producers are Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Harry Bradbeer, Lydia Hampson and Jack and Harry Williams for Two Brothers Pictures. The Commissioning Editor for the BBC is Kate Daughton. The series was ordered for BBC Three by Controller Damian Kavanagh and BBC Comedy Controller Shane Allen.
Fleabag is a Two Brothers Pictures production in association with DryWrite for the BBC and Amazon Studios. all3media is Two Brothers Pictures’ international partner, handling global sales for Fleabag. Series 2 of Fleabag will debut on BBC Three and Amazon Prime Video in 2019.
- Ends -
For further information:
Will Wood: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Brazee: email@example.com
+44 (0) 207 2994241
NOTES TO EDITORS:
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers an unmatched collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 160+ channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, CBS All Access, Cinemax, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV shows, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow twitter.com/AmazonNews.